Monday, July 12, 2010

Introduction

My name is Rebecca Knoke, but I go by Becky. I recently graduated from Oregon State University with my degree in English and I plan to teach Language Arts at the high school level. Most of my experience in the classroom so far is from observing and being a teacher aid. Even though I have not spent that much time in a classroom setting working with children I have spent much of my time doing volunteer work with my church Ascension Lutheran. Through these volunteer experiences I have had the opportunity to work with, teach, and mentor children from all backgrounds. I have a great passion for this kind of work and make it a high priority in my life. Right now I am eagerly awaiting a mission trip to Guatemala that I will be going on in late November.


My favorite animal is a penguin. I love these little guys. My favorite color combination is black and white, which makes me like penguins even more. They are fascinating creatures and I intrigued by the way they move in the water. I envy their grace and beauty within the water because I am a swimmer and I've always wished I could be at home in the water as they are.



1 comment:

  1. I like the ways penguins walk.

    Anyways, hope you did well on the Praxis!

    ReplyDelete